If you’re launching a social media program that includes twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook (among others), you should consider a social media dashboard application to help you manage the effort.
There are many available, including TweetDeck, Seesmic, and HootSuite. I prefer HootSuite. Here are five reasons why:
- Browser-Based — You run HootSuite through your web browser. No need to install software on your computer. No worries if you’re out of the office, using someone else’s computer. Just go to HootSuite.com, log in, and get busy!
- Simple, Smart Interface — HootSuite’s tabbed interface is great. You can easily manage multiple twitter accounts, plus Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and other social media accounts with very little hassle. You can see the activity for multiple accounts all in one view.
- Great Mobile Version — Monitoring and posting to my accounts is simple with the HootSuite app on my iPhone. HootSuite also has apps for Android and Blackberry smartphones.
- Incredible Tips and Support — HootSuite has great online resources to help its clients, including the HootSuite University, a subscription service for professionals who want to get a social media edge. Worth every penny.
- Built-in Tracking — HootSuite has a custom link-shortener that allows you to shorten any URL with one click and then track clicks on that link. That’s just part of HootSuite’s analytics. The built-in reports are simple to generate and very useful.
HootSuite’s free, ad-supported account allows you to monitor and post to five separate accounts. A professional account costs $5.99/month and includes enhanced stats and tracking, integration with Google Analytics, unlimited social media accounts, and no advertisements.
Learn more about HootSuite here.